The team at Art Room Collective would like to congratulate SAG-AFTRA and Dancers’ Alliance on their victory in the early hours of June 1st 2012! They have achieved their first industrywide agreement covering music videos with the major record labels! We have followed their actions through their videos on their YouTube page and admire their tenacity and movement! Great job everyone!! The time is here!
Below are the highlights of the contract via sagaftra.org.
- Minimum daily rate for dancers
- Contract covers all videos produced by any production company producing music videos on behalf of the labels
- A 12.5-percent contribution to AFTRA H&R for all covered performers
- Guaranteed production conditions, including water, toilets, chairs and shelters
- A binding grievance and arbitration process
- Union access to auditions, rehearsals and productions
- Improved audition conditions, including notification to performers (or their representatives) of start times; individual audition times no longer than four hours; suitable shelter provided during auditions; scale paid if audition footage is used in a music video and re-use of audition footage is paid pursuant to a re-use agreement
- 12-hour rest periods between call times, including rehearsals, makeup and wardrobe
- Safety protections and additional compensation for hazardous performances
- Wardrobe allowance
- Agreement to form a joint labor-management committee to work together to resolve issues as they arise and to assess employment patterns and other matters over the term of the contract.
Congrats again on a job well done!